Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tricky Thursday

Someone is playing a trick on me I think because I had made the statement I would not go on a retreat if I came down with a cold. I didn't want the babies attending to catch anything from me. Well during the night I woke with a stuffy nose and was breathing through my mouth instead of my nose to reap the benefits of my oxygen machine. OK so now I have to remain home and honor my word. There is a reason for all things and I receive the message in faith for the purpose not known. I just feel like crud is all. When my sister died 2 days after Thanksgiving, I got sick from the rain during her funeral and it lasted through Christmas and into the new year. i had a blissful 2 weeks of being able to breath through my nose like a normal person. And now this. I guess going out in public has it's risks but a girl has gotta do what a girl has to do to survive. Here we go with the Nettie pot and steam for the sinus again.
Yesterday i went to WalMart to get groceries and had a very difficult time pushing the buggy as well as my rolling walker. It takes me forty forever to get anything done and when I got to the check out i was sitting on the walker seat and felt an arm being placed around my shoulder. Even though it startled me for a moment i was so grateful when I looked up and saw my daughter standing there. She had went to get some medicine for her daughter who had come down with a cold. Bless her heart she called her husband and told him that she had run into me and was going to help me finish as I was looked beat. She loaded all the stuff on the counter and then into the buggy. After checking out she pushed the buggy out to my tracker and loaded it up for me. After a big hug and kiss on the cheek she told me "I love you mom, be careful and have Aunt A. take the stuff in for you." A. is my older sister that lives with me with her own disabilities. I am so blessed to have God send her to me in my hour of need. I could only praise God from whom all blessings flow for that intervention. As I sat there in the parking lot with tears streaming down my cheeks I felt the blessings of having some wonderful children who truly love their mother. Taking motherhood serious and making them your life after a divorce when they are small has its rewards as we grow older. I am so thankful for the blessings I now receive from making that decision so many years ago. Thank you God for the gift of my children.
Today I am resting and not doing much at all. It will all be there for me tomorrow to take care of.
Life has its ups and downs and we must travel with it in order to survive. No one ever said it was going to be easy only worth it when we see the end results of living with a purpose. We must all find our own purpose and embrace it with understanding that we can obtain happiness in the small things.
I so enjoy reading other peoples blogs and there are some very good ones out there. I thank all you who I follow as I receive so much enjoyment from reading your posts. You all touch my life in special ways and I am grateful to have the luxury of a computer in order to find enjoyment in the little things in life as this.
Best Wishes to all.
Until next time I remain, Just This... Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment